Friday, June 27, 2008

Wimbledon time..

The first week at Wimbledon turned out to be an upset week for some of the top seeds as they unexpectedly crashed out of the best grand slam. It all started on day three when the Serb and World no3 Novak Djokovic was beaten convincingly in straight sets by Marat Safin 6-4, 7-6, 6-2. Then on Day four, one of the biggest upsets was made when my favorite Maria Sharapova lost miserably to unseeded Alla Kudryavsteva again in straight sets 6-2, 6-4. Meanwhile former world no1 Andy Roddick was beaten by the young Serb Janko Tipsarevic 6-7, 7-5, 6-4, 7-6. Also Amelie Mauresmo was beaten by Serena Williams although this cannot be termed as an upset. And finally on Day 5, it was the turn of World no1 and French Open Champion Ana Ivanovic who was defeated by Zheng Jie 6-1 6-4. So, with most of the top seeds tumbling like nine pins, lets see what else does Wimbledon has in store for us.

1 comments:

home depot movers said...

Hi you are doing a great job. I was looking for this information. I found it on your page its really amazing.I am sure that these are your own views. I hear exactly what you’re saying and I’m so happy that I came across your blog. You really know what you’re talking about, and you made me feel like I should learn more about this. Thanks for sharing useful information; I’m officially a huge fan of your blog.

ss_blog_claim=2d095db1014a1a1fdfed4ba3cd68f257